Tuesday 24 November 2009

Mad as a Hatter


I spent a ridiculously long time yesterday wiring up beads - I thought it'd be quicker. Before that, I played with a 3mm sterling silver wire length I've had for some time,
hammering, stamping, soldering, polishing and satin-brushing it. Then I joined everything together, and looked at it. And then I took some photos.

I love words. And I love sculptural lampwork. And
asymmentrical necklaces. And things with stories and meaning. And my 'major mojo' idea came when I realised that I could combine the whole lot!!!!! I've got the components for a second necklace - very different to this one - and if I manage to finish my commissions quickly tonight, I'll see if I can finish it. Until then, may I present: 'Mad as a Hatter'!!






1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, stunningly beautiful and it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete