Sunday 6 February 2011

Studio refurbishment - exciting times are afoot!

I'm in the process of refurbishing the studio, after my better half gracefully donated the rest of the garage to me.

So far, the internal wall has been moved, the wall has been painted, existing furniture has been re-shuffled, new ventilation and some additional furniture has been ordered. There will be five ventilated spaces (four permanent torches (two big enough to handle boro, so either 'four littles' or 'two with two oxys each') and a silversmithing/occasional 5th torch space), a coldworking area with grinder and sandblaster in the far back, silversmithing set up with tumble & wheel polisher & bench drill, and a bit of space to sit/ponder/design/peruse books.

Can you tell what it is yet?

Can you tell what it is yet?

I'm hoping to be properly up and running in time for the 'teaching the teachers' course on 12th March (which I still need to blog about!), and will also start running group evening and one-day classes :)

I'm very excited bout this, and couldn't have done it without all the lovely people who came for tuition and made me realise that increasing the teaching space would be a good idea - thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like its going to be fantastic! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.
    Very exciting, you're right! And it's going to be awesome, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous!
    Looks so fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :o) You'll all have to come over when it's done :o)))

    ReplyDelete